Sailing Around the Ionian Islands
Last month I was lucky enough to spend two weeks on a yacht, sailing around the Ionian Islands off the coast of Greece. I, myself am not a sailor, and have not had ANY experience on yachts, however George is an experienced sailor and he was our skipper for the duration.
We charted a yacht from a company called 'Sail Ionian' and i couldn't recommend them more. They were always on the end of the phone if we needed any help or advice on where to go each day.
I learnt rather a lot about sailing during our time on the water, getting to know what ropes control which parts of the sails...I couldn't tell you what they were called, I just went by colour!
As well as sailing, we did a lot of exploring of the various harbours in which we stayed, and sampled plenty of delicious food and drink!
Here are a small selection of photos from the holiday and a couple of layered paper cuts that they inspired.
If you would like more information on Sail Ionian, please visit their website:
Thanks for reading
Gemma














